Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Years Resolution

Well my goal for this coming year is to be more patient. This mainly is for my relationship with Grace. I can't say why exactly because I don't think we are that similiar but Grace can really push my buttons. Maybe it's because she's 3? I am usually a pretty patient person but for some reason I am not with Grace. I expect so much of her because she has always acted older than she is. When I look at Sarah I feel horrible for the things I expected of Grace at this age, mainly just because she could have conversations with me. Sarah just says Whee as we drive in the car and asks for Ba Ba which is bottle and Baby. So anyway, my goal is to try really hard to remember that Grace is 3 and have just a little more patience.

4 comments:

The Powells said...

amen!! I am trying so hard with Jake...they are so similar as we both know. It is hard to be a parent to these strong willed kids!

The Fab Fabian Life said...

That is a great goal--- if I made a goal to be more patient it would have to stretch way farther than 1 person, sad but true! Good luck with your goal!

chelsea said...

I love that goal. for some reason i'm the same way with ashby, it must be a first born thing. i expect a lot from her and then am not so patient with whatever the result. i'm on board though... more patience with those poor first borns!

Anonymous said...

Actually I think you need to pat yourself on the back for the patience you and Jamie both show to Gracie. I have listened and seen how calmly you speak to her. It can be a challenge, but you are doing well. Remember, what Jenni said, "Just stay consistent and it does get better!"
Gracie is a special little girl...and yes, it is hard to realize that she is just 3 years old. She is old beyond her years, and such a sweetie!