Monday, February 11, 2008

My little helper!

So this weekend was kind of a busy one for me, I had a teacher appreciation activity on saturday at my house for the primary teachers and then on sunday I had to speak, then give sharing time and then we had a trek family reunion at our house that night! Plus I had a meeting to go to. But anyway, enough complaining. This is a picture of Grace helping me clean the house. On the way home from school she kept telling Jenny, who was driving the carpool, that she needed to get her home so she could help me with Sarah and help me clean! Now I had already cleaned the mirror, but I heard water running and came in to see what was going on and found Grace washing the window with a rag that had hand soap all over it. I just said Thank you! She then repeated this help on Sunday for me. I do love that she likes to help! It will be nice though when she is old enough for it to really help, of course by then se probably won't want to!

9 comments:

The Fab Fabian Life said...

What a thoughtful little sweetie!

chelsea said...

how cute is grace? i had to speak yesterday too and i wanted to pull my hair out. i didn't even have all that other stuff going on!

The Powells said...

Well Im glad you got through the weekend!! That was a busy one...and thank goodness for Grace! She is such a big helper.

Shawni said...

Kids are the best helpers, aren't they? I swear it takes me twice as long as normal to do the dishes. As soon as I put something in the dishwasher Stella is throwing it on the floor...I just love my little helper!

heather said...

Wow I didn't realize you were so busy this weekend when you called for the baked beans recipe question. Wish I could have heard your sacrament talk and sharing time. I swear my house should be soooo clean with all the cleaning products Griffin pulls out of the cupboards all day long! For some reason it just all ends up on the floor making more messes! :) Got to love this cute age of wanting to help!

PamNoyes said...

Haha I love the way their minds work at this age! They do try so hard, they will always appreciate your ability to laugh and say thanks when they try.

Lexie said...

This reminds me so much of Kate! Sometimes it's just easier to let her help than try to occupy her somewhere else while I get the job done. I'm sure one day they really will be helping!

Heidi Rushing said...

What a crazy weekend! You deserved a little "help". It is true though, when they get old enough to really do the job right - they won't want to do it! Washing windows is my both my boys favorite thing to clean as well.

grandma bethany said...

I am sorry I wasn't in town to help you at all or to hear you speak in Sacrament meeting. Gracie definitely can be a 'big helper'. I love how she is so independent, capable and confident. When we make gingerbread cookies, she wants to do everything by herself, and is very competent.
Grandma Stewart