Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Life Changes

No I am not pregnant or anything like that. I just wanted to give you all an update on how my first sacrament meeting alone went. No I am also not getting divorced. My husband has a new calling in our ward, he is in the bishopric. Which means he sits up on the stand. I have 3 children under the age of 4. I was hoping that my children would be perfect and that would be my blessing for allowing my husband to serve. They were not. They were not bad, but not perfect like I was hoping. However, I was blessed with patience. Which is something that I lack so much! I was very thankful for that. I was also blessed with so many people at our church offering to help. It is nice to feel loved. I truly do, and I know that my children do too. Thank you to everyone for your friendship and help through this time while I figure out what to do!

9 comments:

Grandma Bethany said...

Jamie will be a wonderful counselor.
The great thing is that you have the cutest 3 little girls in your ward so it shouldn't be hard at all to find someone to sit and help you.
I can just picture Sarah now running up to sit on her daddy's lap!

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Wow, congrats to Jamie! That is crazy. He is going to do such a great job. That is a huge and exciting life change! Good luck to you, Brit. That's a big job to be a "single mom" during church.

chelsea said...

i have been thinking about you a lot, i'm glad you were patient and i hope that will continue for you well done!

The Powells said...

your kids did great on sunday...and so did you!! love you

lacieinthesky said...

Oh Brit, you make me miss living there! I would've loved to have seen Jamie up there for the first time. We also missing sitting in "our section" w/ all the young folk. Jamie will do awesome and so will you with the girls!

PamNoyes said...

Talk about a power couple! Look at you two go. You need to pick up cussing or something or you might end up with a general authority on your hands! ;) Really though, that is a big sacrifice, I am sure you will get lots of support.

heather said...

With the usual bishopric calling being around 5 years you'll have six kids on that bench in no time! Good luck with that! :) Jamie will be so great and what a blessing for you and your family to have a worthy strong priesthood leader in the home!

ARe you going to Coldplay?

Unknown said...

are you kidding??? I LOVE IT WHEN MY KIDS SCREAM THE ENTIRE SACRAMENT MEETING!!! :) Love you.

Heidi Rushing said...

congratualtions - you will definitely be seeing blessings along with all those sarifices! TIme to find a YW that wants to sit with you to pass off a value project - that should be easy with your cuties!