Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tar Baby

So I completely forgot to blog about one of the funniest/sadest parts of our trip. The first morning we were there Jamie decided to take Grace and Sarah to see the pool while I finished getting ready. Just about two minutes after they left I could hear Sarah crying outside the door, so I opened it to find Jamie carrying her by her arms and she was covered in some mysterious substance. Tar, yes they were re surfacing the parking lot and when they went to go see the pool Jamie said ok, everyone make sure to stay on the sidewalk. This to a two year old of course means step into the street. Which she did, and since she is two she is not very coordinated so of course she fell face first into this newly finished parking lot. I so wished I had my camera but it was in the car. We hurry and stuck her in the tub and had to scrub her down. It came off luckily, but the poor thing had these red splotches all over her face for a few days. This picture was taken in the car after we got her cleaned up. If you look closely you can see the red spots. Poor thing! It is such a sad story, but it really was quite funny looking back.

4 comments:

The Powells said...

o sarah!!!!!! you sweet little thing...its hard to listen when your 2

chelsea said...

that is indeed the funniest, saddest thing i have heard today! sweet little sarah. it's so hard to stay on the sidewalk and not fall down! avery seriously falls all the time, she's four...

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Looks like such a fun trip. Poor Sarah!

Tanji, Jimmy Jay and Baby Taislyn! said...

Hey! I just saw your blog from Chelsea's, so I thought I'd say hi! Your kids are soo dang cute! Hope things are going well!