Thursday, April 9, 2009

TV

So I am a little late on some good TV. I have now seen probably just about every That 70's show episode courtesy of a channel on comcast called the N. They have marathons of this show pretty much every night. I love this show, and never watched it when it was on. And a few weeks ago Jamie and I went to the video store and of course there was nothing there to rent so we decided to rent Lost. We have totally been hooked. We watch 2-3 episodes a night. So far it is really good. But here is my latest complaint about TV. I recorded In The Motherhood. Have any of you watched this? I thought it looked funny, I missed the first week but recorded the second. From what I could tell this show is about a mom with a full time nanny and another mom with two spoiled rich kids. Is this motherhood? I absolutally love being a mom but was completely disgusted by this show. Why are such good shows canceled(pushing daisies) and such crap on? I shouldn't really care so much but since having children Jamie and I do watch more tv because after they go to bed we are stuck at home. Now sure I know I could be doing something productive, like reading, cleaning, learning something new. But come on people. You know me better than that.

6 comments:

chelsea said...

oh seriously, i know. we spend so much darn time watching tv, it's sad how things like tv anger me. do you watch 24? we got really behind and then watched like 6 episodes in one night. have you been watching the big bang theory? i'm quite a fan, just because i said that, i'm sure it's slated to be cancelled. i've been meaning to call you because i had a dream the other night that we came to utah and i forgot your phone number, then i remembered it but i couldn't dial it because my fingers were too fat (like that simpson's episode). hopefully i'll get through when i do call

lacieinthesky said...

It's probably best that we don't have either cable or DVR, cause I would be terrible at watching too much TV. I also just found that I love That 70's show and I never watched it when it was on either. And I recently got addicted to Lost as well. I actually watched the first two seasons online and then got sick of having to sit at my computer and bought seasons 3 and 4 (that one's in the mail) online for way cheap so when you get to those, let me know and you can borrow the DVD's!

Grandma Bethany said...

Well, if it helps...I have every sitcom of Everyone Loves Raymond recorded without commercials. I know kind of crazy to spend so much time. But, I loved that show. Then of course, all of the Cosby shows that we have saved since you were little and memorized them all :)

Heidi Rushing said...

Okay, I have only heard of one of those shows but have never seen an episode! Maybe I need to actually spend more time in front of the tv! It is totally possible now that we have a DVR. So far it's only use for me has been movies, American Idol and conference. My time waster seems to be more on the computer - like father like daughter!

Jenni and Chad Stewart said...

Oh, I had the same thoughts about that show "In The Motherhood". I thought it was going to be funny, but I watched one episode and will probably never watch it again. LAME!

Richelle Gutierrez said...

I didn't like In the Motherhood either. I keep giving it another chance though because it's on just before Smantha Who, and it's still dissapointing me. Oh well. And you're not the only ones who take a little break and spend some time in front of the TV at night. But we like to watch the news and gawk at the crazy things we see happening, that is if I haven't fallen asleep in the girls room first!