Thursday, May 8, 2008

They grow up so fast


Yesterday Grace wanted to ride her bike and we haven't really taken it out yet since she got it. Jamie had to go to YM's so I put Sarah in the stroller and off we went. I couldn't help Grace very much because I had Sarah, and I was soon surprised at the hills that our street had. Grace soon learned how to use her brakes and was going down hills saying "Wow this is so much fun!" I don't think I am over protective, but the truth is maybe I am more than I am willing to admit. I had to stop myself from saying things like, Not so fast, or Remember to use the brakes! Jamie and I really try to encourage Grace to be more adventurous because she has a tendency to be very cautious. She even had one fall that scraped up her leg and her stomach a little bit, and after she recovered she just got back on the bike with out me even having to talk her into it! Although she did request that in addition to the knee pads and helmet that we should have bought her a pad to go around her tummy. Anyway, sorry for such a long post. It was just one of those moments where I could not believe how big my little girl is getting! I am sure many of you can relate.

5 comments:

chelsea said...

The thought of my girls riding bikes in your neighborhood makes my blood run cold, so nice work! we've been able to take bikes out a bit this spring and the girls are doing well. they do grow up so fast!

The Powells said...

im so glad she loves her bike...it is really crazy to see our kids riding bikes and doing all these "big kid" things isn't it??

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

What a big girl! I bet that is so fun to see.

The Powells said...

happy mothers day

lacieinthesky said...

I can't believe you didn't realize your crazy hills! Anyway, she looks so cute on this, she really is growing up!