Thursday, October 4, 2007

Quirks

I love odd things that people do. I also love getting to the point in a relationship with someone where you know them well enough to know their quirks. My friend Chelsea does some of these top five lists and I think that they are fun, so basically I am going to copy her. Thanks for the idea Chels. So here are my top 5 quirks.

1. I only like even numbers. Now this one is not that rare, I know many people who have this same quirk. I know I scared Jamie a little bit when we were dating and I said that I couldn't really see having an odd number of children.
2. I hate when there are multiple switches for the same light, because then there is a chance that the switch will be up when the light is off.
3. I don't like to wear socks. Now this one really may just add up to me being lazy. But my favorite time of year is when I can wear flip flops, which I really continue to wear way to long and it just looks ridiculous with my outfits. Then when it gets too cold I usually wear some clogs without socks. This is bad because my shoes stink and sometimes I will get snow in my shoes when I am walking. This is usually about the time of year I then reluctantly switch to socks and shoes for a few months.
4. I step into my garment top. I am not really sure why this started, I think because I am usually getting dressed with a towel around my head so I figured it was easier to step into it, since garments are huge, rather than get it over my big towel. I didn't realize this was odd until I married Jamie and he couldn't stop laughing everytime he saw me do it.
5. I tap my fingers on the top of a soda can before I open it. Even once it's been brought to my attention that I do that, I still do it without thinking. I think someone told me to do that when I was little so that the pop wouldn't come shouting out. I have no idea if that even works.

Hope that wasn't too long, or too personal for you. So what are some of your quirks?

4 comments:

The Fab Fabian Life said...

That is hilarious that you step into your garment top :)

chelsea said...

You step into your garment top... that is so funny. I was also thinking about quirks the other day (i'm glad you read the blog and like the top 5!) i wonder if i am borderline OCD sometimes, i guess we all are with some things. I am a compulsive hand washer. I always, always wash my hands when I get home from being out. I hate wet hair on my hands, like when I'm cleaning the bathroom or something, yuck. Roger told me that one was weird, I didn't think it was that unusual, leave it to our spouses to tell us how weird we are!

Anonymous said...

that is soo funny on number 3 i do the same thing i don't really like to wear socks that much either

Nancy Clark said...

My living room/dining room/kitchen area has 4 light fixtures, with three different panels of switches. Whoever installed the switches made a mistake with one of the switches, so it's impossible to have all the lights off and all the switches down. Keeps me awake at night... ;)