Tuesday, May 12, 2009

7 years

Well 7 years ago Jamie and I got married. A lot has happened in those years. I graduated from college. We bought a house. We have had 3 beautiful girls. We have served in many different capacities for our church. And most importantly we have grown a lot, but grown together. When think back to those early days of our marriage I think, we were just kids! That's because we were. I can't believe how different things can be in just a few years. My mom was nice enough to watch our kids so we could have an evening out. Here are the pretty flowers from Jamie.
Here we are before the evening out. We went to Al Forno's, a wonderful Italian restaurant downtown, then walked around Gateway, got some dessert and then toped the evening off with a trip to Walmart. People who have been married a few years and have multiple children will understand the last part of our evening out. We had stuff we needed and it is so much easier going places without the kids!


4 comments:

us said...

Fun! Happy Anniversary. I swear it feels like we just barely all got married. Where does time go?

*Jane Lee* said...

Congrats!!! 7 years! WOW! I have my 7 years in August. Time goes SO fast, doesn't it? I'm glad you were so honest about your evening out. Chris and I run millions of errands after out "dates" because any time we have without kids is EXTREMELY productive. It's just how it is.

jen said...

Congrats on 7 yrs!! Andrew and I are there next month and it really is a crazy to think about it! And.. we're coming up on 10 yrs... no, stop it time! ;)

Heidi Rushing said...

Flowers, food, romance and Walmart...all signs of a healthy marriage! Congrats!