Friday, January 23, 2009

Resolutions

So I do enjoy this time of year. A time for reflection, to think about what I can do better. The only prob lem is I never take the time to do this! Whenever I get a minute to myself I usually try and sleep. So I am trying to take a minute and think of 5 things to focus on for this year.
1. The never ending goal of getting in shape. I started going to the gym this week and already feel better about myself. I hope I can continue this.
2. Be better with my money. I kind of like to just spend whatever money I have. With the economy in the state that it's in, it has made me think that I should really try and be better at not doing this.
3. What's that saying "Don't sweat the small stuff?" This is one of my goals for 2009. Sometimes I tend to get a little worked up over things that don't really matter. I think my children usually get the worst of this. I am going to try to remember that there are only a few things worth getting worked up at.
4. Read my scriptures and write in a journal. I don't know what has happened to me, I have been horrible at reading my scriptures and have not written in a journal since I got married. YIKES! This must change.
5. Think more of others. I have a tendency to get very wrapped up in my own life. Sometimes though I will have a thought of something I should do for someone, and then usually just don't get around to it. So I am going to try and have more of these thoughts for what I can do for others, and when I have them, DO THEM!

I obviously have more things to work on than just these five, but this is where I will start. Do you have any resolutions?

5 comments:

Grandma Bethany said...

I good just say 'amen' to all of yours. I too have exercised for 3 days in a row!! I am determined to read my scriptures each day along with the study guide. I can apply them so much better to my life, when I not just read, but also study.
I have often thought that I wish people knew the good thoughts of things I want to do but don't always get around to doing.
It is good to have a new year when I at least put forth an extra effort. Just stop and reflect on all the good things you do each day too...being a wonderful wife, mother, daughter, nurse, sister, etc. etc.

The Powells said...

i love your list...i need to do everyone of those things to!!!

chelsea said...

it's so interesting to read your list. i don't think you need to work on any of those things, but we are always our worst critics right? i'm aiming low for resolutions this year; my main on is just to not get any fatter. i can do that right?

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Good for you, Brittany! I read your list an thought, "This is so me!" So thanks for making a list so I don't have to. If only I had the motivation...

Jenni and Chad Stewart said...

Well Brittany you're ahead of me to even have made a list! I would say mine would be pretty similar to yours though - - - and then some!